SOFTWARE TIPS AND TRICKS
The links under the first heading below point to external sources, providing tips and tricks for various Windows applications. The next heading contains references to assist web developers, how to incorporate universal design principles, validate HTML and CSS, etc. The third heading contains links to practical guides on how to make your apps accessible on the IOS and Android platforms. These sections will be updated frequently with new additions. For the benefit of those re-visiting this page, the most current entries will be placed at the top under each heading, as to make it easier finding newly added content.
Some of the material referenced here is intended for beginner to intermediate level users, while others assume advanced level knowledge.
- Download reference guide from Microsoft for 250 command line options
- Tables give you better keyboard shortcuts in Excel - watch this video to see how.
- YouTube shortcut keys. You need to be in screen reader focus mode for these to work
- Learn more about custom number formats in Excel
- Largest Microsoft eBook Give away! Many useful E-book downloads, all for free
- Create a hyperlink to a specific location in your Word document
- Windows 10 shortcut keys
- How to create a PowerPoint presentation from a Microsoft Word document
- How to remove Outlook add-ons
- How to fix your Outlook profile (pst files)
- More than 30 tips on maximising a Google search
- Make your Outlook email accessible
- Experts Share Their 10 Favorite Excel Functions
- Get smarter in just five minutes, lessons on Excel, Word and Google Analytics
- How to create accessible PDF documents
- Excel shortcuts to save your time, energy, and sanity
- Top 25 list of Windows PowerShell commands for administrators
- How to import and export your address book in Thunderbird
- How To Manage Mozilla Thunderbird Profiles
- Keyboard shortcuts for OneDrive
- How to create a bootable Windows 10 USB installation disk (UEFI & legacy support)
- Keyboard shortcuts for Gmail web interface
- How to Backup your Outlook Account Settings
- W3 Schools, the world's largest online web development tutorials site
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Validate your HTML markup with the W3C validator
- Validate CSS code
- Tips for making accessibility a core design principle
This section was last updated on 19 May 2018.