The current version of this program is 2017.1.7.4, which is a minor update to the previously released 2017.1.7. A new release of this program will be available in the near future, once fine-tuning has been completed, followed by a beta testing phase.
What to know before installing the program
Please refer to the user guide, see the link further down, for installation instructions. It is recommended that users of older versions of the program familiarise themselves with the changes implemented in 2017.1.7.
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM FEATURES
Automation for the following tasks, all features customisable
- Sound recovery on default audio device, preventing mute status and low volume. Recovery volume level configurable between 5 and 100 percent;
- day / night volume adjustment on a schedule, volume levels and time slots customisable;
- maximising of windows, option available for specifying window title exceptions;
- time announcements on the hour, on the half and on the quarter hour, chime with speech, chime only or disabled, all 24 hours configurable. Option to specify user preferred chime sounds;
- all automated functions can be enabled or disabled, with detailed configuration options available to suit individual needs.
Individual hot keys for the following features
- Open user guide in default browser;
- generate summary report of user settings;
- configuration window to specify user specific preferences for all features;
- temporarily unload program from memory;
- audio mixer input and output details;
- password generator, unique 10 character very strong password with each keystroke;
- calculation of word count on selected text in any editor or virtual buffer rendered text;
- extensive alphabetic list of Windows basic and advanced settings and applications;
- Increasing and decreasing master volume output with 5 percent increments, ascending / descending audio tones to indicate new level.
- Easily insert accented and other special characters in any editor.
General program characteristics
- Automatic online check for program updates, can be disabled if desired. Manual check for updates option available;
- support for multiple user profiles on one system;
- status messages and time announcements via user preferred SAPI5 engine;
- user-friendly interface for changing SAPI5 voice parameters;
- support for same SAPI5 engine used with screen reader and program messages;
- optimised for NVDA screen reader;
- included dictionary file for NVDA to translate emoji symbols;
- small footprint;
- comprehensive user guide in HTML format.
Stascom downloadsDownload the Stascom installer (opens new browser window)
Download / open user guide (opens new browser window)